Thursday, May 15, 2014

One Of My Fave Performers Peter Pavone Joins "Country Superstars" Cast!

PAVONE JOINS 'COUNTRY SUPERSTARS' Performer cast as George Strait, Johnny Cash

Peter Pavone’s better know as a Sinatra impersonator recently joined "Country Superstars" as Johnny Cash and George Strait at Planet Hollywood.

He will be working in the show part-time not all six nights. Show times are 7 p.m. Tuesday thru Sunday at the V Theatre.

Peter was also listed as fourth “Best Impersonator” in the R-J’s Best of Las Vegas Poll for 2014. That’s considering all celebrity impersonators. Peter was ranked the “Best Sinatra Impersonator.”

He recently returned from a six-week engagement in Kyoto , Japan which was sold-out.  He said, “The Japanese audience was sensational and I sold more CDs in six weeks than since `Cool Hot & Swingin’’ was released in 2008. Peter’s latest release `Sinatra Style’ is also available on iTunes.”

The Las Vegas resident tells his story.

He said, “I was born and reared in Trumbull , CT and began his music endeavours at age 12. After several decades of music and theatre I finally got a casting call to play Sinatra in Las Vegas . I studied comedy in LA and took dance lessons (tap, modern dance and ballroom).”

He said, “I met Frank Sinatra in 1959 thru my Aunt Milly who dated Harry James. He was very kind and cordial and had always been my musical idol. I got to see his show in ’84 and it was good. It stands to reason that when I got the call to play Frank Sinatra it was like coming home.”

Peter moved to Las Vegas on Memorial Day Weekend in 2011 to play three shows at the Rampart that were sold-out. He said, “I decided to make Las Vegas my home base for performing. I’ve actually only been impersonating Sinatra for three years.”

While living in San Diego he performed at the Lawrence Welk Theater doing the Rat Pack from Vegas show for 10 sold-out shows. One of his most memorable shows was at the Borgatta Event Center 500-Club in Atlantic City 1,000-seat dinner show. He said, “I received a standing ovation after singing `My Way.’” He also toured Australia for five weeks and said, “The crowds went crazy.”

After performing in 2011 and 2012 in all of the Rat Pack shows in Las Vegas , Peter is now producing his own shows which have become the toast of the town with sell-out crowds everywhere he performs. He lists his corporate gigs as follows: Make-A-Wish, Lou Ruvo Institute, Dr. Pepper, NASCAR, Boyd Gaming, Ford Motor Co., Fairmont , MGM, Cosmo, The Rio and The Riviera.

Peter said, “I wouldn’t mind working on a cruise ship since I’m single but my dream is to be a headliner on The Strip. I’m currently in negotiation for a permanent spot on the Strip.” You can find out more on Peter Pavone on Facebook or www.peterpavone.net or www.ratpacklv.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRAND Marshall For Pennzoil 400 Announced! LV Raider A.J. Cole

 Sunday’s Pennzoil 400 Presented by Jiffy Lube will kick off in style as Las Vegas Raiders’ two-time All-Pro punter A.J. Cole has been named...