Monday, August 8, 2016
Now OPEN! Casa Del Matador Brings Mexican Food To Downtown Summerlin
Casa Del Matador has opened its doors, making its Las Vegas debut at Downtown Summerlin. Combining scratch-made seasonal cuisine, hand-crafted cocktails and an intimate and welcoming ambiance, Casa Del Matador is bringing a spicy flare to the neighborhood hotspot.
“Las Vegas is a global city, and we think Casa Del Matador is a perfect fit for such a food-focused town,” says Opper Melang Restaurants Co-Founder Zak Melang. “We are thrilled to bring Casa Del Matador to Downtown Summerlin and show off our menu of traditional and updated favorites, as well as our killer tequila selection.”
Celebrating all things fresh and flavorful. Casa Del Matador is a new twist on classic Mexican. Ingredients are prepared fresh daily for the menu full of traditional favorites like street tacos, tortas and burritos with new picks like Sautéed Chipotle Mushrooms, Crispy Fried Calamari and the Green Chile Burger.
Signature dishes include:
· Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos – goat cheese stuffed grilled jalapenos wrapped in hickory smoked bacon and served with ranch dressing
· Grande Nachos – a mound of house-made chips is covered with cheddar, Monterey Jack, black beans, pico de gallo, Matador guacamole, cilantro-lime sour cream with a choice of shredded chicken, carne asada or house chorizo
· Chipotle Shrimp Salad – fire-roasted corn, avocado, red bell pepper, crispy tortilla strips and a mango-agave vinaigrette sit atop of bed of mixed greens
· Braised Carnitas – fork-tender carnitas, served with black beans, annatto rice, pico de gallo, Matador guacamole, cilantro-lime sour cream and flour or corn tortillas
· Grilled Carne Asada – rich and juicy steak is served with black beans, annatto rice, grilled peppers and street corn
· Street Tacos – choice of braised beef, carnitas, pork al pastor, house-made chorizo or shredded chicken garnished with house-made salsas, white onion, cilantro and cotija
With roots in bartending, co-founders Zak Melang and Nate Opper take great pride in their restaurants’ bar programs. Casa Del Matador speaks to this with its selection of 128 carefully curated varieties of tequila and 23 mezcals ranging in price from $6 to $250 per shot. The comprehensive menu is broken up for true enthusiasts with categories such as Fruit & Citrus, Pepper & Spice, Earthy & Floral, Honey & Caramel, Smoke & Oak and more. Tequila beginners can ask for recommendations from Casa Del Matador’s Tequila Experts, on hand to make recommendations based on likes, preferences and pairings. Tequila Flights also are available for guests looking to try multiple varieties in one sitting. Flights highlighting individual tequila families like Blanco, Reposado and Añejo are available, as well as the option to customize a one-of-kind tasting.
In addition to the impressive tequila lineup, Casa Del Matador offers a myriad of hand-crafted cocktails. Signatures include:
· Founder’s Margarita – Don Julia Reposado is combined with Patron Citronge, lime, lemon and agave for a crisp and bold margarita
· Tamarind Margarita – this subtly spiced signature cocktail is accented by a cinnamon sugar rim
· Frozen Mango Margarita – traditional frozen margaritas don’t hold a candle to Casa Del Matador’s house-made mango puree and frozen margarita recipe which pairs Sauza Gold, Triple Sec, lime, lemon and agave
· Mezcal Paloma – simple in ingredients but complex in taste, this Paloma marries the smokiness of Del Maguey Vida Mezcal with a citrusy grapefruit soda for an unexpected twist on the traditional
Celebrating a welcoming atmosphere
Complementing the food and beverage program is Casa Del Matador’s signature artistic interior design, created personally by the founders for each individual location. Here artisan décor, custom ironwork and sugar skull wallpaper adorn the walls. Authentic bull skulls, painted by local artist Susan Privman-Goldstein and artists from Blue Buddha Tattoo punctuate the space, while hand-picked lighting from Mexico and Morocco hang overhead. Candles flicker around the room and a circular, 12-seat, floor-to-ceiling fireplace create an amber glow that beckons guests to stay and enjoy the intimate and welcoming ambiance.
Celebrating the best times of the day and the best day of the week
Brunch – Kick off the weekend with Casa Del Matador’s south of the border brunch with favorites like:
· Breakfast Torta – tender carnitas, a fried egg, pico de gallo, black beans, Matador guacamole, cotija cheese and cilantro garlic mayo are layered between a crusty roll
· Huevos Rancheros – black beans, roasted poblanos, fried eggs, garlic crema, jack and cotija cheese, red and green enchilada sauce and cilantro are piled high on crispy flour tortillas
· Mexican Sweet Bread French Toast – served with citrus butter, cinnamon and agave syrup
· Matador Mimosa – Champagne, Grand Marnier and fresh juice of choice combine for a brunch classic
· Bloody Maria – Casa Del Matador mixes its house Bloody Mary recipe with Sauza Gold tequila and lime with a chipotle salt rim for a south-of-the-border spin
· Matador Coffee – forget the cream and sugar and opt for rum and Triple Sec garnished with Kahlua whipped cream and cinnamon sugar
Happy Hour – The happiest hours of the day just got even better with Casa Del Matador’s daily Happy Hour offering. Every day from 4-6 p.m. and again from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., guests can enjoy $2 Chips and Salsa, a variety of $5 offerings including the Romaine Salad, Black Bean Queso, Matador Guacamole and Nachos Grande; and $6 items including Habanero, Ancho or Poblano Shrimp, Spicy Fried Calamari, Ancho-Chile Wings and Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos. Street Tacos are $1.50 each and frozen lime and mango margaritas are $5 and $6, respectively.
Top Shelf Tequila Tuesdays – Every Tuesday from open until close, Casa Del Matador offers half-off tequila on any tequila $12 or more.
Casa Del Matador is open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to midnight, Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to midnight.*
Happy Hour is offered daily from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Brunch is offered Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
*21+ only after 10 p.m. daily.
1770 Festival Plaza Dr #190,
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Posted by Carole9073