Thursday, August 4, 2016
Hooters Casino Starts To "Give Back" To The LV Community!
Hooters Casino Hotel Las Vegas is proud to kick off a Month of Giving! Taking place throughout the month of August, Hooters Casino Hotel has taken what would have been their marketing budget for a month, canceled their advertisements, torn down billboards and parlayed the funds into tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of donations to local charities in need.
“We’re honored to be giving back to these truly amazing charities, who do so much for the Las Vegas community,” said Hooters Casino Hotel Las Vegas General Manager, Michael Storm. “Our hope is other hotels and businesses on the Las Vegas Strip will take notice of how much of an impact can be made on the community by sacrificing so little and this giving initiative will spread across the valley.”
In total, Hooters Casino Hotel will be partnering with nine local charities, who will receive a range of goods, including monetary donations, food donations, including Hooters’ world-famous wings, and volunteer hours from the famous Hooters Girls and staff from Hooters Casino Hotel. Donations will take place at varying events and times between Thursday, August 4 and Thursday, August 25 and will benefit Habitat for Humanity, Nevada Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NSPCA), Three Square Food Bank, Goodwill of Southern Nevada, Communities in Schools, The Salvation Army Southern Nevada, St. Jude’s Ranch for Children, Shine Family Foundation and Make-A-Wish Southern Nevada.
The Month of Giving schedule includes:
· Thursday, August 4 - Beginning at 6 a.m., the Hooters Casino Hotel team will visit a Habitat for Humanity job site to assist with building houses for those who need to take a special path to ownership and face obstacles preventing them for providing a safe place for their families to call home. Habitat for Humanity operates on the belief that everyone should have a decent place to live, and it’s not commonly known, but Habitat also works to help keep up the neighborhoods where the families they’ve helped live. Hooters Casino Hotel will also be catering lunch for all of the volunteers working on the job site.
· Sunday, August 7 - The famous Hooters Girls will team up for “Out of the Gutters,” the Nevada Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ (NSPCA) annual bowling tournament, being held at Sam’s Town from noon – 4 p.m. This event serves to raise money for NSPCA’s animal rescue efforts, promoting humane education, providing referrals to low-cost spay, neuter, and vaccination services, and maintaining their no-kill sanctuary. Yes, puppies are scheduled to be there… because Hooters Girls love puppies.
· Monday, August 8 - A group of trainers from Hooters Casino Hotel will be teaching students of Goodwill’s Hospitality Academy, located at 741 S. Rainbow. The focus will be on steps of service, guest satisfaction, conflict resolution and guidance on how to get hired in today’s job market. Trainers will also spend some time fielding questions from the class. Goodwill’s Hospitality Academy trains candidates on how to successfully get and stay employed in Las Vegas’ most prominent industry.
· Tuesday, August 9 – The 9th brings the Hooters team to Three Square Food Bank to help pack meals for children who are provided free lunch through school, but go without on the weekends. With 305,000 food-insecure persons in Southern Nevada, Three Square provides supplemental meals and assistance with the SNAP program to help those who would go without eating.
· Thursday, August 11 - Hooters Girls head to multiple Goodwill of Southern Nevada locations in the valley, where, in addition to helping receive, sort and prepare donations for sale, the team will be assisting with career counseling, providing interview tips and thanking guests throughout the store, while also letting them know how they’re supporting all of the services Goodwill provides.
· Friday, August 12 – The Hooters team will be at Sam’s Club at Arroyo Crossing from 7 a.m. -11 a.m. helping Communities in Schools “Fill The Bus,” by donating and packing up school supplies for the more than 58,000 students throughout the Las Vegas valley, who can’t afford the basic supplies needed to ensure their success in school. Hooters Casino Hotel will also be catering lunch for all of the volunteers assisting with this great event.
· Friday, August 12 – Later on August 12th, the Hooters team will be at a handful of LVMPD precincts and Las Vegas Fire & Rescue houses to bring lunch, as part of the property’s own “Feed the Firsts” program directed to showing appreciation to the city’s first responders.
· Monday, August 15 – The Month of Giving continues with a drive to provide students in need with Salvation Army Southern Nevada and Fox 5’s “Take 5 to Care” initiative, part of the Salvation Army’s mission to Supply Our Students. Subaru Las Vegas, located at 5385 W Sahara, will host this event. Hooters Casino Hotel will be donating lunch and school supplies to kids from struggling families, who otherwise worry about showing up on the first day for school without a backpack, notebooks, sneakers, calculator or lunchbox.
· Tuesday, August 23 - The Hooters team will head out to Boulder City to visit St. Jude’s Ranch for Children to help sort through donations, serve up some dinner and spend time with the children. St Jude’s Ranch for Children’s residents are given a better chance by living in a supportive home environment, surrounded by a caring, loving community and being provided with life skills and opportunities that would otherwise be far less available to them.
· Wednesday, August 24 – The 24th is Hooters’ day to Shine! The Shine Family Foundation provides support for veterans and families of active military, including giving gifts to the families of soldiers in combat zones and coordinating with professionals in the medical, legal, broadcast and entertainment fields to provide mentoring to military children and families. The Hooters Girls will be delivering and setting up furniture and supplies for a local veteran and showing gratitude for his service with a private barbecue for him and some of his loved ones.
· Thursday, August 25 – The final scheduled event for the Month of Giving is the Make-A-Wish Southern Nevada’s “Wishes for Flights” event, which is being held at the new Dave & Buster’s in Downtown Summerlin. Hooters Girls will be on hand to help promote with 93.1 The Party and in addition to a cash donation, will be provide Hooters Casino Hotel staycations, including show tickets and restaurant credit, for donors who give 25,000 miles or more.
Hooters Casino Hotel will also be hosting a charity drive throughout the month, offerings guests the opportunity to have 8% added to their final hotel bills, with the proceeds being distributed to the participating charities. Follow along with the girls of Hooters Casino Hotel and receive updates about their Month of Giving on social media at Facebook.com/LVHoots, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube at @LVHoots.
Keep up with Hooters Casino Hotel Las Vegas announcements and news on Facebook - www.facebook.com/HootersCasinoHotelLV, Twitter - twitter.com/HootersCasinoLV and Instagram. For more information call 1.866.LVHOOTS or visit www.hooterscasinohotel.com.
115 E Tropicana Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Posted by Carole9073