|Chef Roy Ellamar|
Chef Roy’s culinary philosophy was cultivated as a child in Hilo, Hawaii, where he was surrounded by farmers, foragers and fishermen, gaining a true appreciation for the provenance of ingredients and the relationship with the producers. Working at restaurants throughout Hawaii, Chicago, Beverly Hills – and as executive chef of Sensi in Bellagio – he has become a staunch advocate of local agriculture and sustainably produced proteins.
“Over my years at Sensi, I built strong relationships with the best farmers and purveyors providing locally sourced products to Las Vegas,” said Ellamar. “Using the seasons as my guide and my travels as my inspiration, I will strive to complement the best ingredients with preparations that create memories.”
Harvest will celebrate popular aspects of American dining with its own style, including:
· Extensive charcuterie selections and artisanal American Cheeses, complemented with house-made breads and preserves
· Opulent vegetarian dishes such as the Ancient Grain Risotto made with foraged mushrooms, black truffles and truffle burrata cheese;
· Sustainable seafood cooked in a special stone oven, showcasing a whole-fish “catch of the day,” which will change to reflect the freshest market specialties;
· “Snack Wagons” traveling from table-to-table with interesting bites and small selections that allow guests to try Chef Ellamar’s “creations of the moment” as well as sample adventurous items;
· Classic cocktails featuring cold-pressed juices and homegrown herbs; and
· Grilled, dry-aged and grass-fed beef, a rotisserie featuring a rotating selection of organic poultry, pork and game birds, complemented by market-driven side dishes.
Designed by award-winning local architects Gensler & Associates, the restaurant will transform its former modern-elemental look in favor of beautiful wood flooring and walls and hand-blown light fixtures that exude a warm and inviting atmosphere. The main dining room will feature an exhibition kitchen to allow guests to view the creation of their feast. Additionally, Harvest will open its front façade, which will remain anchored with two iconic stone structures, to showcase a lounge boasting an immersive mixology experience ideal for social interaction.
Harvest will take the former space of Sensi, which closed Sept. 13.
For more information and reservations, visit bellagio.com, call toll free at (888) 987-6667or find us on Facebook and Twitter.