Thursday, April 6, 2017
First Friday Becomes Second Friday Due To Weather Concerns
First Friday Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, announces the new April theme “First Second Friday,” and due to weather forecasts for high winds changes the date of the monthly event to Friday, August 14th, 2017.
"The most important thing is that we keep people safe, but we definitely didn't want to cancel the event. Thankfully all our artists, vendors, sponsors, and community members were very supportive of the idea of moving the event back a week. April 14th will be a fantastic night for the First Second Friday, and we're excited for it!" said Joey Vanas, First Friday Foundation's Executive Director.
Key elements for this month include:
· First Friday's Featured Artist – David Leiserowitz is self-taught and picked up his first paintbrush in late 2015. In under two years he has developed a collector base that expands across the United States, exhibited his work in galleries, and has been commissioned by several local businesses and homes.
· First Friday’s Featured Entertainer - With influences ranging from Tupac Shakur to Jack Johnson, Mike Xavier is on a mission to change the world around him for the better, one song at a time.
· Tilting the Basin will be open for patrons to enjoy with parking options on Commerce. 6 to 9 p.m. food and drink, entertainment, gallery tours, hands-on art and discussions about a permanent art museum in Las Vegas (920 S. Commerce St.).
· We Are 3D360, a virtual reality – open at First Friday.
· New Wellness Village – offering yoga classes, local makers (beaded jewelry, macrame, plants, hand illustrated cards, crystal jewelry), sister house collective pop up shop, healers, Vegas Roots selling veggie bags, the UNLV Student Sustainability Council sharing about recycling & composting and live DJ beats.
· Holiday egg hunt, find eggs and win prizes for the whole family
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter-twitter.com/FirstFridayLV . The website, www.firstfridaylasvegas.com, is active, and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted for next month’s event.
APRIL 14TH FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
• Be delivered right to the event by Uber this month. Great economical way to avoid parking and save the planet one drive-at-a-time by using safe ride sharing alternatives. Drop off and pick up at Coolidge and 1st. Check social media for special codes.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, arts, crafts curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity.
ArtWalk 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. showcases work by emerging Las Vegas artists. Check out the artist booths in main festival area. Be sure to stop into the Arts Factory and Art Square, and visit the many art galleries and studios.
Wellness Village 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. in two tents outside of the Arts Factory.
Paint By Numbers with Jasmine Farro and Friends
Epyk Dance DepARTment 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. is where First Friday patrons can learn about a variety of dance forms, listen to music, and make new friends all while getting good exercise. Location for the Dance DepARTment: on Coolidge (between 1st and Main Streets). Also at dance party:
· Drum Circle 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. with their very special DrumBus.com.
· Community Productions 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Food & Drink 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday Culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from a wide variety of food trucks and artisan food vendors – over 30 in total. Plus, try out one of the many restaurants in the arts district. Enjoy warm drinks at the many bars both in the First Friday event area and nearby in the arts district.
Music 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. E320 Entertainment Group presents live entertainment on the main stage: 5:00pm DeBlanc; 6:00pm Noelle Chiodo; 7:00pm Alex Mabey; 8:15pm Las Vegas Academy and 9:45pm Mike Xavier.
Kids Zone, Youth outdoor Unity will bring family fun. With art, petting zoo, Legos, dancing and much more in Boulder Plaza. 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
March for Science information in the Welcome Tent – fun recyclable art projects for families, face painting and more.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
S Casino Center Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89104
Posted by Carole9073