Tuesday, February 21, 2017
KIDS!! Design The Next Big T-Shirt For The Pawn Stars!
Does your child have what it takes to become the next design and merchandise expert? The World Famous Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, home to HISTORY’s “Pawn Stars,” is searching for their next big t-shirt design, created by their greatest, youngest fans! Children who want to participate must be 12 and under and design an original piece. The winning artist will receive a $500 cash prize and their design will be featured on a new t-shirt for sale at the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop.
Inspired by the World Famous Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, young artists are encouraged to get creative with their designs, which could include anything from images of the “Pawn Stars,” the shop front, the store sign or a favorite item from a show, among other themes.
Submissions should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Can be up to three colors, not including the color of the shirt.
- The design must be original. By submitting a design, the entrant guarantees that the design does not contain any copyright material and that he/she holds rights to everything in it.
- Designs must be easy to reproduce and fit within a 10” x 10” space. Gold & Silver Pawn Shop reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning design for reproduction and printing purposes.
- The design must be a high enough quality that can be printed on a t-shirt. For example, the design should have dimensions of 10” square with a minimum resolution of 150 pixels per inch. Vector artwork is also preferred. Software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw or Corel Paint are good options. If scanning a painting or drawing, also allow for a high quality scan as mentioned above.
- Entries must be received by March 15, 2017. Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, tag @goldandsilver_pawnshop on Instagram or mailed to: T-Shirt Contest c/o Teresa, Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, 713 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89101. All entries become the property of Gold & Silver Pawn Shop.
- Entries must include the name and age of the child who designed it as well as contact information of the child’s parent or guardian (phone number, address, email, social media handles, etc.)
- The designs will be reviewed and the winner will be selected by The Old Man, Rick, Corey and Chumlee. The winning design will be printed on t-shirts for Gold & Silver Pawn Shop’s 2017 spring/summer season, worn by fans all over the world.
Located at 713 S. Las Vegas Boulevard, the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop began as a gold and silver store in 1981 when the Harrison family first relocated from San Diego to Las Vegas. In 1988, when the city finally had a population large enough to necessitate the need for another pawn store, Rick Harrison made sure he claimed that license. Often more of a museum-meets-art gallery and located on The Strip, the shop gained notoriety by reporters visiting Las Vegas. After four years of trying to sell someone in the entertainment business on the idea of three generations of a family owning a pawn shop on the Las Vegas Strip, Rick (son of Richard “The Old Man” and father of Corey) got someone’s attention and in 2009, “Pawn Stars” was born. An immediate success on television, it quickly increased the number of visitors coming into Gold & Silver Pawn to more than 4,000 on some days. The shop expanded and became the city’s leading non-gaming tourist attraction (based on recent polls) and remains so today. In addition to souvenir t-shirts and “Pawn Stars” memorabilia, it is still a working pawn shop and is also a great place to view or buy rare art, guns, swords, toy and music collectibles, sports memorabilia, jewelry and so much more. The “Pawn Stars” are there most days working behind the scenes and customers can often catch one of them in the shop meeting and greeting the fans they never imagined having a few years ago. For more information, visit gspawn.com.
Posted by Carole9073