Wednesday, January 4, 2017
First Friday Of 2017! Enjoy Downtown Las Vegas
First Friday Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, announces that the January 6 First Friday is a “Step into the Future.”
Key elements for this month include:
· First Friday's Featured Artist – Featured Artist is Lake Paints. Creating a live spray paint piece on the Mission Linen Building on the Coolidge Street side.
· “Step into the Future” – interactive art project where guests stamp footprints onto a canvas (using First Friday provided shoes) and write their wishes for 2017.
· Jasmine Farro will also be helping guests paint by numbers.
· Live Entertainment Line Up features Joey Micelli & Jazzy from 8:00 – 8:45 pm with TEEJ from 9:00 to 9:45 pm.
JANUARY 6TH FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
• Be delivered right to the event by Uber this month. Great economical way to avoid parking and save the planet one drive-at-a-time by using safe ride sharing alternatives. Drop off and pick up at Coolidge and 1st. Check social media for special codes.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, arts, crafts. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity.
ArtWalk 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. showcases work by emerging Las Vegas artists. Check out the artist booths in main festival area. Be sure to stop into the Arts Factory and Art Square, and visit the many art galleries and studios.
Epyk Dance DepARTment 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. is where First Friday patrons can learn about a variety of dance forms, listen to music, and make new friends all while getting good exercise. Location for the Dance DepARTment: on Coolidge (between 1st and Main Streets). Also at dance party:
· Drum Circle 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. with their very special DrumBus.com.
· Community Productions 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Food & Drink 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday Culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from a wide variety of food trucks and artisan food vendors – over 30 in total. Plus, try out one of the many restaurants in the arts district. Enjoy warm drinks at the many bars both in the First Friday event area and nearby in the arts district.
Music 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. E320 Entertainment Group presents live entertainment on the main stage. 6:00pm - 7:30pm DeBlanc Music (deblancmusic.net);
8:00pm - 8:45pm Joey Micelli & Jazzy (www.youtube.com/channel/UCyVFRtuwEJQw-8ZCkFq5MIg, www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY11fXOciCo, www.facebook.com/joeymiceliofficial/); 9:00pm - 9:45pm TEEJ (soundcloud.com/papichuloteej/talk-to-me)
10:15pm - 10:45pm Mackenzie
HOURS OF OPERATION:
5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates, special offers and discounts on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.firstfridaylasvegas.com,
Posted by Carole9073