Tuesday, November 29, 2016
First Friday Celebrates "Reflection" On 12/2
First Friday Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, announces that the December 2 First Friday is a time for ‘Reflection.’
Key elements for this month include:
• First Friday's Featured Artist – local artist Alexander Huerta paints during the event on large canvas as part of his Radiant Series. Painting available to private collection with profits donated to First Friday. Alex started his art career at First Friday years ago and now runs his own studio/gallery in the Arts Factory. www.facebook.com/Peacenart-Studio-264999616870708/?fref=ts
• First Friday’s Toy Drive: The Gifting Tree - created by local artist Justin Lepper and sponsored by Highland Commercial. Bring a toy which will be donated to “We Love Downtown,” a movement that began at Metro’s Downtown Area Command Unit to bring the community together.
o Uber will also participate in First Friday’s Toy Drive: from 11am – 4pm on 12/2, Uber will send drivers to pick up toy donations from local businesses and bring them to First Friday.
o If your business is interested in participating, visit t.uber.com/toydrive for more information. If your business is not able to participate in that time frame, please drop toys off from 5-11pm at our Uber tent at First Friday.
• Mingo’s will be partnering with Community Counseling Center of Southern Nevada and Golden Rainbow to provide SDHD HIV rapid testing and prevention education in honor of World Aids Day. On Mingo’s patio.
• Lake Paints – live painting during event: mural on Mission Linen building (on Coolidge Ave.).
The First Friday Foundation will post updates, special offers and discounts on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter - twitter.com/FirstFridayLV. The website, www.firstfridaylasvegas.com, is active.
DECEMBER 2ND FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
• Be delivered right to the event by Uber this month. Great economical way to avoid parking and save the planet one drive-at-a-time by using safe ride sharing alternatives. Drop off and pick up at Coolidge and 1st. Uber will also pick up and drop off toys for First Friday’s Toy Drive from 11am – 3pm on 12/2. Use the promo code FFFLV for $15 off your first ride for new users, and $5 of your ride will go back to the First Friday Foundation. Check social media for special codes.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, arts, crafts. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity.
ArtWalk 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. showcases work by emerging Las Vegas artists. Check out the artist booths in main festival area. Be sure to stop into the Arts Factory and Art Square, and visit the many art galleries and studios.
First Friday’s Toy Drive – 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. at The Gifting Tree. Mingo’s will also be a toy drop-off location, starting 11/28. For each drop off, Mingo’s offers a 10% discount on the menu the day of the drop off only.
Family fun and entertainment on California and Casino Center. 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Visit the galleries. Youth Outdoor Unity bringing family fun all night long. Families can try their luck and rope like a cowboy/cowgirl. Petting Zoo.
ABC Adventure provides a climbing rock wall. 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Epyk Dance DepARTment 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. is where First Friday patrons can learn about a variety of dance forms, listen to music, and make new friends all while getting good exercise. Location for the Dance DepARTment: on Coolidge (between 1st and Main Streets). Also at dance party:
· Drum Circle 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. with their very special DrumBus.com.
· Community Productions 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
· The Man in the Mirror will make an appearance at the dance party for ‘Reflection.’
Food & Drink 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday Culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from a wide variety of food trucks and artisan food vendors – over 30 in total. Plus, try out one of the many restaurants in the arts district. Enjoy warm drinks at the many bars both in the First Friday event area and nearby in the arts district.
Music 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. E 320 Entertainment Group presents live entertainment on the main stage.
Thanks to all our generous December sponsors:
City of Las Vegas
Jaguar Land Rover Las Vegas
HOURS OF OPERATION:
5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
First Friday Las Vegas
1025 First Street
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Posted by Carole9073