Wednesday, September 28, 2016

New Book By Comedian Rich Little Is Now Available!


Legendary comedian and impersonator Rich Little has announced the release of his debut book Little By Little: People I’ve Known and Been. Published by Dog Ear Publishing, Little By Little: People I’ve Known and Been features 252 pages of humorous stories of the celebrities, actors and politicians, ranging from Jack Benny to Johnny Carson to Jimmy Stewart to President Ronald Reagan, Little has known and impersonated throughout his more than 50 years in show business.

Dubbed “The Man of 200 Voices,” Little is best known for his impressions of Richard Nixon, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart and a plethora of American icons. He has appeared in countless movies and television programs, including his own “Kopycats” and The Dean Martin Roasts where, more often than not, he impersonated the evening’s “roastee.”

“I’ve been blessed to have a career that has spanned more than 50 years, through what many have called the ‘glory days of Hollywood,” said Rich Little. “In that time, I’ve not only had the privilege to work alongside and impersonate some of the world’s biggest actors, comedians and of course, politicians, but been lucky enough to call many of these legends my friends.”

Little continued, “This book is not so much a biography, as it is a humorous glimpse at the people I’ve impersonated, their reactions – most positive and some not-so-much – and some funny stories that happened along the way.”

Little By Little: People I’ve Known and Been is available for purchase for $24.95 (Paperback/ISBN: 9781457544392) or $39.95 (Hardback/ ISBN: 9781457549571) and can be purchased online at www.LittleBookByLittle.com. The book can also be purchased in person at fine bookstores everywhere. For more information on Rich Little and for details on upcoming performances, please visit www.RichLittle.com. Follow Rich Little on Facebook at www.facebook.com/therichlittle and Twitter at twitter.com/the_rich_little

Excerpt from book:

So, how did a kid from Ottawa, Canada, growing up in the 50s become an impersonator? No one in our family had ever been in show business. No one ever had "show business" yearnings. My father was a doctor. My mother was a housewife. So where did it come from? I've often asked myself this question. I didn't know the answer, but I did love the movies. As a boy, I would go every weekend, sometimes staying to see the show twice. Just going to the movies and getting so involved in the story-telling and the characters made me want to be that person up on the screen; never dreaming that I could turn it into a career.

The glory days of Hollywood and their icons, like no other, have remained as indelible images in our hearts and minds for decades. I, like many, idolized these giants of the screen and comedy, but was so fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet, work with and get to know many of them along the way during my career. From the genius of Jack Benny, the unmatched humor of George Burns, the debonair, handsome Cary Grant, the unforgettable John Wayne, the king of late night hosts Johnny Carson, and the former actor-turned-President Ronald Reagan to name a few.

In this gem of a book are insights into the likes of many of these great people I've had the privilege and fortune to meet and imitate, shining new light on our beloved stars.

This is really not a biography, but more of a humorous glimpse of the people I've impersonated and some of the funny stories that happened along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRAND Marshall For Pennzoil 400 Announced! LV Raider A.J. Cole

 Sunday’s Pennzoil 400 Presented by Jiffy Lube will kick off in style as Las Vegas Raiders’ two-time All-Pro punter A.J. Cole has been named...