|Chef Jamie Gwen|
“Our palates love the big, bold flavors of today! Fruit and meat combinations and fruit-flavored salsas add another dimension to cooking,” said Chef Jamie Gwen, winner of Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen and graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. “My recipes incorporate lean meats such as fish and chicken with the tropical and savory highlights of LA VICTORIA® Brand Mango Habanero Salsa, Pineapple Salsa and Roasted Pepper Salsa; and they all make ideal summer pairings!”
Chef Jamie Gwen’s recipes can be found exclusively on www.lavictoria.com/mango-habanero-salsa/. In addition to her recipes, Chef Jamie offers five tips for savvy summer grilling, including:
1. Keepin’ it Lean! Create new traditions with your family while watching the waistline. Incorporate chicken, fish and other lean meats in your grilling in place of traditional red meats. Utilize fruit and fruit-based salsas for a tangy twist.
2. Marinades. Simple salsas can be a great way to tenderize your meats, soak up the savory and enable moisture retention.
3. Salads. Just because you’re grilling doesn’t mean you can’t have the veggies. Grill your favorite meats and top a tasty salad for added char.
4. Dressings. Skip out on the fat and oily stuff and dress your greens with a fruit-flavored salsa instead. Sweet tart included.
5. Pour-Overs. Smells great but too hungry to wait?! Create an easy appetizer with a pop of a top. Pour-over your favorite LA VICTORIA® Brand salsa like the Mango Habanero Salsa on Cream Cheese for a full flavor the whole family will enjoy!
“Since 1917 the makers of the LA VICTORIA® Brand have been committed to infusing vibrant flavor into everyday meals,” said Stephanie C. Bloch, brand manager for LA VICTORIA® Brand. “Chef Jamie Gwen’s culinary knowledge shows us how adding simple, fresh ingredients can create an exciting taste – but we’re also interested in what our fans have to show us, that’s why we’ve created two unique social contests.”
This year the makers of LA VICTORIA® Brand are hosting two consecutive video and photo social media contests for double the chance to win. During the month of June, fans can enter the “View from My Plate” contest by sharing shots or videos of their fresh, favorite summer meals on Facebook or Instagram, adding hashtag #ViewFromMyPlate and #MangoHabaneroSalsa and tagging @LaVictoriaBrand for a chance to win fun prizes.
During the month of July, fans can continue the excitement with the LA VICTORIA® Brand “Flavor Seekers” contest by simply sharing an image or video on Facebook or Instagram and showing us where they seek out fresh summer flavor (whether a trendy fish joint, a local dive, your grandma’s kitchen-you name it!), adding hashtag #ViewFromMyPlate and #MangoHabaneroSalsa to the entry and tagging @LaVictoriaBrand for a chance to win. Two Grand Prize winners will be awarded. The Grand Prize Winner for the “View From My Plate” contest will receive a Classic Four-burner Gas Grill while the Grand Prize Winner for the “Flavor Seekers” contest will receive a Weekend Getaway for two in sunny San Diego. Additionally, select entries will be chosen to receive honorable mention prizes.
For more information on the LA VICTORIA® Brand “View from My Plate” and “Flavor Seekers” Contest or to download fresh-flavored summer recipes visit www.lavictoria.com/mango-habanero-salsa/. Follow the LA VICTORIA® Brand via social media on Facebook -www.facebook.com/LaVictoriaBrand, Instagram, and on Twitter - twitter.com/lavictoriabrand. Join the conversation via #ViewFromMyPlate and #MangoHabaneroSalsa or #FlavorSeekers and #MangoHabaneroSalsa.