In celebration of their sixth anniversary with Station Casinos on Friday, July 10, Nashville Unplugged: The Story Behind the Song will offer incredible drink specials and fun facts. Drink specials will include $2 Bud Light draft beer and $3 Jack or Jack Fire shots. Nashville Unplugged performs every Friday at Sunset Station, beginning at 8 p.m.
NASHVILLE UNPLUGGED FUN FACTS:
· # of songwriters throughout the six-year history? 300
· # of “Songs From a Hat” written? 85
· # of shows performed? 210
· # of number-one hits written by the guest songwriters featured on Nashville Unplugged? 52
· Hit songs performed in Nashville Unplugged prior to national release – Blake Shelton’s “Honey Bee” (Rhett Akins) and Jake Owen’s “Barefoot Blue Jean Night” (Dylan Altman)
· Celebrity guests appearances - includes Darius Rucker, Toby Keith, Chip Estes and Ty Herndon, Eric Paslay, Billy Dean, etc.
· # of Station Casinos’ venues performed in? 3
· Word or song title most commonly used in “Songs From a Hat” requests? “beer” or “redneck”
· Artist most featured in guest songwriters’ song catalogs (which artist has performed the most songs written by Nashville Unplugged songwriters?) Gary Allen and Randy Houser
Nashville Unplugged: The Story Behind the Song is hosted by Aaron Benward, who has written numerous ACM and CMA-nominated songs, as well as the recent hit “Who I Am,” which was featured on ABC's hit television show “Nashville,” and guest host Travis Howard, whose credits include Miranda Lambert’s “Famous In a Small Town,” “Bring Me Down” and “Heart Like Mine. All performances begin at 8 p.m. and there is a $10 cover at the door. Boarding Pass card members receive a $5 entry discount. Guests must be 21 years or older.
Upcoming Nashville Unplugged performances include:
- Friday, July 10 – Club Madrid inside Sunset Station – Rob Hatch, whose hits include whose hits include Jamey Johnson’s “The Last Cowboy Song,” “My Saving Grace” and “Keepin’ Up With the Jonesin.”
- Friday, July 17 – Club Madrid inside Sunset Station – Billy Dawson, who has shared the stage with Lee Brice, Aaron Lewis, Craig Morgan and Lady Antebellum, among others.
- Friday, July 24 – Club Madrid inside Sunset Station – Adam Hood, whose hits include “Flame and Gasoline,” “22 Days Too Long” and “Different Groove.”
- Friday, July 31 – Club Madrid inside Sunset Station – Kylie Sackley, whose hits include Faith Hill’s “Sunshine and Summertime,” Troy Cassar Daley’s “The Sunshine Club” and Alan Jackson’s “It’s Just That Way.”
Located in Henderson, NV off Sunset and Stephanie Rd., Sunset Station offers more than 450 hotel room and suites, meeting and convention facilities as well as an array of entertainment options, including concert and lounge venues at the outdoor poolside amphitheater and Club Madrid, bowling at Strike Zone, Regal Cinemas movie theatre with 3D and IMAX offerings as well as numerous bars and lounges. Sunset Station also offers a wide variety of dining options, including Sonoma Cellar steakhouse, Pasta Cucina, Cabo Mexican Restaurant, Oyster Bar, Grand Café, the Feast Buffet and several casual dining options in a food court setting. To learn more about Sunset Station, please call 702.547.7777 or visit www.sunsetstation.sclv.com, facebook.com/sunsetstation.